Thursday, August 26, 2010

ISES: Networking at Octo Lounge

I have been slacking on my networking these days - but now that the trips and get-a-ways have waned I thought I would catch up with my friends at ISES. The monthly meeting was held last night at Octo Waterfront Grille on Delaware Avenue. I am not sure how I missed this patio summer hang out - but the food was plentiful, tasty and the company delightful. I got a chance to catch up with Gal pals Sofia (Sofia Negron Photography) and Gretchen McHale (World Cafe Live). Sofia is doing great - she recently moved to NYC but don't fear! She is still booking Philly weddings! (I'll post out latest together at the Rittenhouse ASAP!) Gretchen is planning a wedding of her own - this event was the debut of her super cool custom designed wedding ring!
Basically these are industry events where we get to mix, mingle and catch up with other "events" people to swap ideas, share tips and hopefully get a little business out of it. Occasionally, there are people whom I have run into at these things but we don't get to spend any quality time together.

Marilyn Sukonick-Zeff is one of them. She is a professional Tarot Reader & Company of Psychics. Yes that's correct. Apparently, Gretchen is an acquaintance of hers and has multiple readings. All of which she says were "relevant and insightful." How could I resist hearing about my possible destiny when Marilyn's business card is a virtual mullet - all business in the front and Tarot on the back! The flip side of my card showcased this image:
Yikes! I have to admit I was quite curious to hear what my card was going to tell me & was totally glamoured by Marilyn when she spoke. I couldn't really remember all of the details that she shared but here are the basics - with the added note that this change in my life is going to happen on the first...the first of what she couldn't say...:

"Those who pull this card in a reading are in for an incredible adventure. This card marks the beginning of a new direction - particularly in matters of creativity.This card is calls loudest to artists, visionaries, entrepreneurs, and those seeking to set out on a new creative path. To them, it is the "green light" card - a sign of positive encouragement, a signal to go for gusto! in their endeavors. The ace of wands Tarot card meaning is all about taking our internal creative fire in hand and holding it out for the entire world to see. Now is our time to spread our warmth, passion, and vision to others."

Wow! I am so psyched for the 1st!

No comments: