Tuesday, August 24, 2010

San Francisco's Flora Grubb Vertical Gardens

I had a few projects out in SF this summer & one was to help Hubbard Foss revamp some of their showroom space now that they are branching out into more planters and garden gear. I took the opportunity to take them on a field trip to one of my favorite garden centers - Flora Grubb. Our mission was to check out her Vertical Gardens in particular: 
One of the things I miss the most about SF is the California weather and the floral materials that are available all year long. The flower market is one of the few wholesale markets in the United States that is owned and run for and by flower growers. There is so much gorgeous materials it's hard to be a bad florist! I think that's why I love Flora Grubb Gardens so much. It a a gorgeous balance between local available product and natural loose design. We got a lot of great inspiration for different plants that we could use to build our own living walll - as well as some just fun great eye candy: 


No comments: