Sunday, July 29, 2012

Gretchen and Argo | Le Meridien

I am so delighted to have gotten a number of calls from brides who are having Le Meridien as part of their wedding day! I had such a nice consultation there this afternoon and it reminded me that I have yet to post my very first wedding there - shame on me! As a self described "Magpie" more bling, more & more ribbons, more feathers, more details = more better!
So wait no more..I need to start with the Jewels - because that's where Gretchen did! She is the most prolific,Type-A, mildly obsessive compulsive artist I know {and I say that with the utmost affection!} She owns a jewelry design company Studio 320 and the bling starts here. I don't think there was a free appendage to be found! Not only did she design all of the bridal jewelry that she wore herself, she did baubles for the bridesmaids, the flower girls including the pomander handles, her mother & a few other ladies to boot! Check out all of the in's and out's of custom work in her "Gretchen McHale Argood | Artist of the Month" spotlight!

And yes...of course she had time to design her rings too! WHAT?! Amazing! This part is one of the sweetest - they both tossed some of their treasures (Class ring, charms etc.) literally into to melting pot & came up with these treasures. Her jeweler John at Marchi on 8th & Walnut completed the vision: 
The personal flowers were the perfect balance to her beautiful dress by Ella Bridals with the long bridesmaids dresses finished off with the overflow of multi-textured ribbons...
 
The flowers were such delicate shades of Chanel pink, blush and cream in collections - like jewels of their own, each unique on each of the tables.
 
 
Now, don't let all that sparkle blind you - the Groom Argo is no slouch! Aside from being an amazing DJ who's crew represented in keeping the dance floor packed - but he also owns a design company "Argo Design" and did all the graphics and printed details from invites down to candle wraps!
I am not sure I know another couple who takes such advantage of what Philly has to offer - I love that they chose so many of  Steve Power's "Love Letter" Murals to celebrate their day. All of these images were the creative eye of their photographer Chris Kendig - his site is full of amazing work and moments and details!
There is so much more to say about all of the details in Gretchen's day...I celebrate her as "Artist of the Month"  - check out her inspirations in this post dedicated to her creativity & wedding vision!

No comments: